Preparing a child for school can be stressful and confusing for parents. The preschool program is designed to help parents prepare children to be successful in regular school. With higher expectations in kindergarten and the primary grades, children need to enter kindergarten better prepared than ever before for new learning and skill development.
Parent Orientations help:
- New preschoolers feel comfortable the first day of school
- Families understand the logistics of drop-off/pick-up, backpack contents, and school communication
- Families understand the need to be much more supportive in helping their children get enough sleep and exercise outside of school
- Children to be supported by families as they learn to be more independent in daily living tasks
- Teachers get to screen new students to make sure they are school ready (e.g., they can toilet independently)
Teachers get to screen new students for possible individualized educational support.